Company Level 3
Salary band £34,000-£47,000
5% bonus (annual & discretionary & performance based)
Hybrid remote work options available
Automata is a leading robotics and automation company powering the laboratories of the future. Our mission is to unlock labs’ space, people, and potential through automation hardware and software.
Our lab automation technology is efficient, scalable and reliable and effectively carries out routine tasks, to free up scientists to work on innovative research.
We meet labs where they are on their automation journey and are the trusted partner to customers including trusts within the NHS, bit.bio and The Francis Crick Institute. We are also supporting advancements across Core Testing Labs, Academic Institutes, CDMOs, Pharma’s and Biotech’s.
We are looking for a Technical Writer whose mission is to ensure Automata successfully hands over systems to our customers so they can operate independently with confidence.
Why is this role important for Automata?
At Automata it is our mission to empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab. We believe in putting the customer first so ensuring our technical documentation is clear and accessible for all audiences is a critical part of a successful deployment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Own and produce technical user documentation for Automata's customers
- Standardise customer-facing product documentation (hardware and software)
- Develop and maintain new document control processes
- Implement new tools for technical document generation
What it takes:
- Strong experience in writing and maintaining technical documentation for B2B software as a service product
- Proficient in using graphic design tools tools like Adobe InDesign, Viva Designer etc.
- Experience establishing technical document generation and control processes
- Experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organisation
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and have a desire for continuous development
Nice to haves:
- Experience operating in a regulated environment e.g. healthcare, energy etc.
- Contextual understanding of Life Sciences, Robotics or Automation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Maths or other technical discipline
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like-minded individuals who share our passion.
We believe in putting the customer first so ensuring our technical documentation is clear and accessible for all audiences is a critical part of a successful deployment.
If this sounds like a good fit and has ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.